Holidays are a joyful, yet stressful time. You have to get presents for everyone, get the best sales and if you have kids, you know how excited they can get. Additionally, you cannot keep them in one place. Add to that moving houses and you got yourself stress for days! You will probably want to try to save money. Luckily, there are a few ways to move long distance in Maryland during holidays for cheap. Moreover, long distance movers MD provide different types of services for different costs. We’ll look at what types of moves there are, as well as some ways to cut back on costs. Why? So you can spend more money on presents.a
Maryland is a tiny state located on the eastern side. It is not famous for any conventionally famous cities but is located relatively close to Washington. The first thing we need to mention is that Maryland has a higher median household income than the national average. Additionally, the overall cost of living is a bit lower than in the rest of the U.S. This means you will probably have a pretty decent life in Maryland, as well as have money to spend for your enjoyment. Moreover, the job market in Maryland is booming! If this doesn’t sound like an amazing opportunity, then we don’t know what to tell you!
What is the cheapest way to move long distance in Maryland during holidays?
There are a few ways that are cheapest but might not be the smartest idea. You already know that commercial movers MD are the smartest idea for office-type spaces move, but what are the cheapest residential options? The first thing we will look at is renting a truck.
Renting a truck
The obvious benefit of renting a truck is saving some money. But other than that, there is one more great benefit: you are in full control of the move. This means you can be more flexible with the timing of the move and can choose the main route of the move, like a road trip. Moreover, you don’t need to worry about hiring a moving company.
However, what is a big plus to renting a truck is also the biggest downside: you are all on your own. You have to do the whole process by yourself: planning, packing, moving, and unloading. This is especially challenging during the Christmas period. And driving a truck in frozen and snowy areas might not be the smartest idea. Hiring one of many moving services MD has to offer might be safer.
If any problems come up, you need to take care of them on your own because you are responsible for the whole move. Of, course your family can help you, but this can cause you additional stress, which you do not need. Renting a truck can cost anywhere from $500 to $2000. If you have already rented a truck for a move, and are sure of your abilities, you can choose this option. In any other case, for your safety, we don’t recommend this.
Hiring movers for a move long distance in Maryland during holidays
The safest choice when it comes to having a move long distance in Maryland during holidays is hiring movers Maryland. There are two main benefits to hiring movers:
- There is less planning. You don’t need to do a lot of technical planning when hiring a moving company. Most of your planning ends upon deciding which moving company you should hire. They will plan the best route and take into account anything that could go wrong. You don’t have to worry about slippery and snowy roads. Additionally, they will hire professionals for the job and use the right equipment.
- This immediately leads to a safer moving. The movers you hire are required to keep your things safe and sound. They usually have some type of compensation for items damaged during the move. Additionally, your items are being handled by professionals.
The two downsides of hiring movers are that they typically cost anywhere from $3,000 to $10,000 depending on the type of moving company you hire, and you have to book in advance.
Pack your own things to save money
Many moving companies offer the option to pack your things for you at an additional cost. We recommend you don’t take this opportunity and pack your things yourself. That way you can save quite a bit of money. Here is what you will need:
- Cardboard boxes. This is a must-have. Hard cardboard boxes are an essential item for every move. As you are on a budget, you can ask a local store or supermarket whether they have extra cardboard boxes they don’t need or find someone near a dumpster. This might sound unhygienic, but it really isn’t. You are being eco-friendly by reusing cardboard that would’ve been thrown away.
- Protective packaging materials. When you are packing you should ensure that the extra space in the box is filled with softer materials. That is because items can move and collide against each other or against the box. These materials can include foam peanuts, tissues, newspaper, blankets, old fabric, and bubble wrap. The cheapest option is to reuse newspapers or cut up old fabric. Or just use blankets and towels.
- Tape. You need to secure your boxes.
- Scissors or utility knife.
- Labels or markers. This is just so you know what you put where and to let the moving crew know when something is fragile.
Moving on a tight budget is hard, but not impossible. You can move long distance in Maryland during holidays for cheap, while still enjoying the holidays. These are the best options and tips for saving money. One last thing, we at A2B Moving and Storage wish you good luck and happy holidays!